At Blenheim Palace we have managed to negotiate a half price entry to the Palace Gardens for supporting friends and family. Prices are as quoted below. This year we will also have lots of fun activities for all of the family to make it a great day out!
Adults £7 per person
Child £3.50 per child
Concessions £5 per person
Please note that these reduced prices are only available by online pre-booking via the Blenheim Palace website up until midnight on Friday 6th September 2014
▪ To prepare you for your swim you will receive a SwimBritain training passport that you can redeem up to three free 30 minute training sessions with accredited swimming coaches or free swims
▪ You will access to our online fitness tips, swimming technique videos and training session cards
▪ A training log to track your progress via our brand new SwimBritain App
▪ A SwimBritain swimming cap
▪ A SwimBritain band to time your swim (you’ll need to return this after the event)
▪ A SwimBritain t-shirt
▪ A SwimBritain medal
▪ A chance to swim with GB SwimBritain Ambassador on the day!
SwimBritain is for swimmers of all abilities. As long as you meet the minimum age requirements and can swim 125m or 250m without stopping, you can get involved. For less confident swimmers we suggest SwimBritain 500, where each team member completes four laps of 125m instead of four laps of 250m.
There are ten SwimBritain event pools (including the London Aquatics Centre at the Olympic Park in London, and the Commonwealth Games Pool in Glasgow). There’s also a SwimBritain open water relay in the Great Lake at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire. See where all the events are taking place on our locations page.
SwimBritain is for swimmers of all abilities and you can chose one of the following challenges:
- SwimBritain 1000: Each team member swims 1000m (4 legs of 250m)
- SwimBritain 500: Each team member swims 500m (4 legs of 125m).
SwimBritain is a series of swimming relay events launched in 2013 nationwide, designed to get Britain healthy. It’s for teams of between two and four people, and you can choose to swim with your friends, or join in with your family. Family teams must have at least one adult and children must be aged at least eight years old to take part in the pool events and 12 years old to take part in the open water swim. Click here to see what happened in 2013!
To join the team simply enter this at the sign up page. Under 16’s are entered by their adult family member and don’t need a code.
At Blenheim there will be changing and baggage facilities for you to use as well as hot showers!
- Swim pack collection (SwimBritain t-shirts, swimming caps and timing chips)
- MC welcome, Ambassador demonstration of the SwimBritain course
- Fun team warm up to music
- Your SwimBritain session begins!
- Real-time results feedback via big screens and our SwimBritain ipad team – this allows you track your progress with each lap
- On completion of your swim you will be presented with your exclusive SwimBritain medal. Our professional photographers will then take a team shot so you can share your achievements online. These will be uploaded to the SwimBritain Facebook page.
- Results uploaded to the SwimBritain website post event
Yes, wetsuits are compulsory for the SwimBritain open water swim. A wetsuit provides extra buoyancy and warmth with the added bonus of making you slightly faster! We recommend that you try the wetsuit out before the event day, as it’s important to wear a well-fitting wetsuit for your swim!
If you would like to purchase or hire a wetsuit for the day please visit our wetsuit partner XTERRA wetsuits. To receive 50% discount when purchasing a non pre discounted wetsuit, please use the discount code BRITISH2014. To recieve 20% discount off wetsuit hire, please use the discount code BRITISHHIRE2014.